Don’t get me wrong: it’s GREAT to be focused on increasing your engagement and your audience size in order to share your message with MORE people. But, if you’re constantly worried about your number of followers, if you’re thinking about how many people AREN’T engaging with your content, and if you’re comparing yourself to others… It’s time for a little reality check. Pour your energy into something more productive instead… because THESE are the things that will attract more people to you. P.S. #2 is my favorite.
- Plan your next savable or shareable piece of content. Think about your ideal customer/audience member… What’s something they would be happy to SHARE or SAVE? Is it a tip, hack, meme, or tutorial?
- Love and appreciate your CURRENT audience! If you’re not responding to all comments, shares, DMs, etc. AND frequently showing your gratitude for the people that are already engaging with you, you’re not going to attract more of them. Remember: “What you appreciate appreciates!”
- Plan your next REEL! The Instagram algorithm LOVES when you use all its features. Reels are new and fun. It doesn’t need to be fancy or complicated. Find a Reel that you like and recreate it with your own style and brand strategy!
- Look through your Insights and find one of your previous top-performing posts. How can you recreate that in a fresh, new way? Maybe you create an IGTV out of it? A Reel? A shareable graphic? Or maybe you just talk about it again on Stories! Nobody remembers what you posted a few weeks or a few months ago. I promise. Repurposing content can be a large part of your social media strategy! I have a 2-part IGTV that shows you how.
- Share a more personal update! Entertaining and educational content is HUGE, but let’s face it: the true “know, like, and trust” factor is built through relatability and the occasional vulnerability. Can you share a personal update, exciting announcement/news, or something you’ve learned or accomplished throughout your journey that will inspire someone?
Almost every single one of these tips involves CREATION. It’s easy to get into comparison mode on social media when you’re consuming TONS of other people’s content and comparing their numbers/creativity to yours. Try to follow this general rule of thumb: CREATE 7 times more than you CONSUME. Imagine what could happen to your business if you did that!
Which of these 5 ideas will you be focusing on TODAY?!
Feel free to PIN the graphic below to save this blog post for next time you need a reminder!
leave us a comment!